Membership is absolutely free, but the association reserves the right to evaluate the requests for admission of its members.
The firm used the trade mark IN MIND and BRILHOThis is a page of 'The What is?Silver Dictionary' of A Small Collection of Antique Silver and Objects of vertu, a 1500 pages richly illustrated website offering all you need to know about antique silver, sterling silver, silverplate, Sheffield plate, electroplate silver, silverware, flatware, tea services and tea complements, marks and hallmarks, articles, books, auction catalogs, famous silversmiths (Tiffany, Gorham, Jensen, Elkington), history, oddities ...The firm was converted in 1925 into a limited liability company under the style of Atkin Brothers (Silversmiths) Ltd. ATKIN HISTORY AND INFORMATION PAGE ATKINSON BROTHERSATKINSON BROTHERS LTDSheffield Manufacturers of steel, cutlery, files and electro plate products.Active at Milton Works-Lion Works, Nowbray St, Sheffield from c. By 1888 they took the Beehive Works, a purpose built cutlery works located on Milton Street. It had manufacturing premises in Birmingham and London C. Listed at 7 Hatton Garden, (1893-1894) and 12 Bartlett's Buildings, London (1897-1900). ARTHUR & CO Ltd Glasgow (possibly) A retailer business started in 1837 by James Arthur.
The "&Co" was dropped in 1855 CHARLES JAMES ALLENALLEN & DARWINLondon & Sheffield Charles James Allen & Sidney Darwin trading as Allen & Darwin.
In 1840 Henry Atkin continued the trade as Henry Atkin & Co at 32 Howard Street, Sheffield.
After his death, his brothers Harry Wrigth Atkin, Edward Thomas Atkin and Frank Shaw Atkin continued the business as Atkin Brothers.
The firm was active at Buchanan St and later at Miller St, Glasgow.
ADIE BROTHERS LTDBirmingham The firm was incorporated in 1906 joining the firms of Mc Kewan & Adie (manufacturing jewellers, gold and silversmiths) and E. Active at Portland Works, 55 Arundel St, Sheffield (1898-1912). The firm, active in High St, Paisley, became Arthur & Fraser (1849), Arthur & Co (late 1850's) and Arthur & Co Ltd (1878).
Adie started the business in 1890 at Lion Works in Warston Lane, Birmingham. The partnership was dissolved in 1895 and the business was continued under the same style solely by William Ainsworth.